Blueray dvd player, hdmi cable?

CandyCorn124

Jan 2, 2013
I just bought a samsung bd-35400 blueray dvd player and it did not come with the required hdmi cable, which is okay I guess, but my tv does not have an hdmi cable slot.
So is my blueray player useless for this tv then?

if your TV doesn't have HDMI it isn't a HD TV so it's a mystery why you would buy a blueray player, if there are no compatible connections -RCA, composite, component you will not be able to use it

Your TV may have a red, blue, green component video input which is your next best connection. Unfortunately, you will not get the full resolution of BluRay but it will still look pretty good and in HD. You'll also need to run two red, white audio cables.

Since your TV does not have HDMI, I would suggest it is not a full 1080p TV and thus not be able to take full advantage of BluRay.

Blu ray disc player does not come with any cables at all. Look and see what your tv offers as a video input connection. If you have component input (Red, Green and Blue) for the video and also an optical audio input then you have an HD tv. If it only offers you a composite (Yellow for the video and Red and White for the audio) then you do not have an HDTV. You can still connect the player to the tv, your player should have other type of output beside the HDMI. You should upgrade your tv to take the benefit of the picture quality of the blu ray disc player provides. Hope this will help you out.

Blu-ray player & DVD player are 2 totally different things. Blu-ray is high definition while DVD is standard definition. To watch HD you also need a HDTV but sounds like you don't have one. If the bluray has no composite output (red, white, yellow) then there is no way to hook it up

Back