Are mothers naturally negative and complain a lot or is it just me?

mmm2

May 11, 2008
I'm a guy, 23 and living at home with my parents. I'm going to college this year to major in nursing. My mother has got to be the world's biggest negativity outlet available.

I don't know if it's normal, but she casts a lot of her problems onto me. She complains, is majorly depressed and is super sensitive about anything. Thankfully she's getting onto another anti-depressant. She wants people to listen to her, but the thing is is that she won't listen to YOU, when you try to help her. At the same time I feel sorry for her. I've tried to help her so much, but now I've learned to finally keep my mouth closed because nothing I say seems to have any effect. And now...she's whining because she says that I "don't listen."

Most of my life she's put a lot of her problems on me. At the same time she's been a huge blessing because of her love for me. She's done so much that without her I wouldn't be anywhere. I don't know if mothers do this to their children because I never had a lot of friends or knew anybody that I could relate to.

If there's anybody out there that can relate, please help!

Back