Anyone else rather go to any hell than worship most religion's Gods?

JustinJ

May 31, 2008
Roughly 3/4 of the global population will carry on the beliefs of their parents religiosity into adulthood. Child indoctrination is highly psychological, but even if not directly indoctrinated, if born into a culture with a strong religious identity the constant influx of religious archetypes on the developing mind can have the same psychological affect. Religious demographics can change or migrate from where they originated, but this is due to cross cultural influence, and is useful only in an academic discussion.

It's funny seeing people who are so adamant about their beliefs, when it is almost always their culture's prevailing beliefs. If it's the Middle East, they are most likely Muslim, Japan- Shinto, Thailand-Buddhist, India-Hindu, United States-Christian.

If any one of these people who argue so adamantly about their beliefs was born into any one of those other area, they would almost certainly, according to very observable statistics, be of that cultures religion.

A result of the psychological nature of religion is that 90% of those who follow a religion know little to nothing on the topic religion (The evolution of monotheism from poly and pantheism, how and why religion was formed, etc, etc). Hell, in more shallow societies such as the United States the majority, whether they be Catholic or Protestant, don't even know the basics of their own religion, just enough to tell you what's been crammed down their throats since they were little, if you don't believe in their religion their ever-loving, ever-forgiving God will send you to eternal torture for choosing the wrong religion/non at all. Of course they tell you this on their way to go get drunk/sleep around. The hypocritical religious majority should not come as a shock keeping the previously stated thoughts in mind, but even I have to pinch myself on occasion before coming to the realization of just how brainwashed people can become.

Beyond the logical fallacies of organized religion which I could detail for hours, purely philosophically speaking any God(s) that would send billions of people to eternal torment for choosing the wrong religions would be a monster(s) only matched by the likes of Hitler, Stalin, and a select other few. So don't bother telling me I'm going to Hell anymore, I wouldn't want to take any of your time which could be well spent doing drugs and destroying your bodies. I'd rather go to Hell and join the likes of Ghandi and Siddhartha Gautama then to spend one moment fooling myself into thinking the misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sado-masochistic, capriciously malevolent, deity I worship equates to love and goodness.
th*- Not if your religious
th*- Not if your religious

Back