Am I getting the proper nutrition? Tips and advice?

Cabrialab

Aug 20, 2010
I make a good effort at trying to eat healthy and maintain a healthy lifestyle , but recently I asked myself if I'm getting the proper nutrition for my routine.

I'm 19 , male, 5'9 150lb with a slim/athletic build, I love running and usually run 1 hour a day , 5-6 times a week. I also do light resistance training (abs/push-ups/ light weights) every other day.

Meals for a typical week are usually:

-Breakfast-
1 Large bowl of cereal (grape nuts + cheerios + 1-2 tbsp ground flax seed + 1 handful of plain oatmeal)
1 small mandarin orange
A little bit of cashews/almonds

- Lunch-
1 large bowl of lentils or 1 large bowl of black beans
1 fillet of fish or 1 large chicken breast or tuna salad
1 Serving of Broccoli or small bowl of guacamole ( 1/2 avocado + onions + tomatoes + garlic + jalapeño + lime )

- Dinner -
1 large glass of oatmeal banana milkshake made with 2 raw eggs and honey. or 1 cup of low fat greek yogurt
handful of baby carrots
and maybe a little bit of left over fish/chicken/beef etc.

-Snacks (throughout the day-
Lots of fruit (oranges/bananas/ cherries/ blueberries etc)
Nuts
Occasionaly chips

I don't drink soft drinks and haven't done so in the past 5 or so years, occasionally I'll drink a glass of fruit juice but the majority of the time I just drink water .

I don't drink alcohol or do drugs. (due to my faith)

I also take half a multivitamin a day.

Am I doing alright or am I overdoing some things?

I'm not trying to be a pro athlete or anything, I'm just trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle and stay in decent shape.

What tips or advice do you have regarding my nutrion/ exercise regime?

Thanks.
And don't think I don't enjoy my food, I'm quite happy with it, and of course I do occasionally eat a slice of pizza, cake, a hamburger, etc. I don't deprive myself of junk food cravings.

Back