Advice: Toyota Yaris vs. Honda Civic?

RB

May 22, 2008
I am in the middle of deciding between two cars. The 1999 Toyota Yaris VS. The 1996 Honda Civic.

I realize that these two are different but I am asking for advice here.

The Toyota Yaris has PW/PL/ABS brakes.

The Honda has PL/ABS brakes.

The Toyota has 184,000 kilometers on it.

The Honda has 155,000 Kilometers on it.

The Toyota has a 1.0 Spec engine.

The Honda has a 1.6 Spec engine.

The Toyota has four doors.

The Honda has two doors.

The Toyota has NO AC.

The Honda has AC.

Both have dual airbags.

Both have CD players.

Both are 5 speed.

Now my thoughts...

Yaris PROS: The Yaris is reliable and fuel efficient. The Yaris is small though roomy.

Cons: The Yaris makes a horrible ride on the highway. Shakes and sounds like a tank. I also cant go 150K on the highway without burning and insane amount of gas. Does not have AC.

Honda Pros: The car is sexier than the Yaris..haha:) The car is way faster on pick up no matter the situation. The ride on the highway feels more comfortable yet awkward at times. It saves gas on the highway. Has AC for those summer months.

Honda Cons: The car feels awkward on the highway..maybe because I never went so fast in the Yaris. The car has a weak horn. The car is older than I would like but still less miles than the Yaris.

Concusion:
If any of you had to choose between the two then please tell me what you would want and why. I need to know before I possibly buy a Honda and leave the Yaris behind. I just don't want a another car which may cause more problems than the Yaris. Although the only thing the Yaris needed was a new clutch:)

Thank you.

Back