a question about my car audio.?

slapoutz

Aug 18, 2008
ok i have a dual amp setup a sony xplod 800w powering the door speakers. a digital audio 2000 watt amp powering the two 12 inch alpines in the trunk. ok well when i have just the xplod hooked up i have no whining alternator noise (increase with revs) . if i hook up the digital audio amp everything but the rcas i dont have alternator noise but when i hook them up i do or if i plug the digital audio amp with just the rcas and the remote or the power wire i have alternator noise (more so with the remote wire) if i plug rcas and ground no noise.

right now i have everything hooked up except the rcas on the digital audio amp (so i cant hear my subs)

what do you guys think i was thinking the digital audio amp has a ground problem but what do you guys think about it, is it common or not cuz idk and i havent heard of it.
iwired it right im sure of this cuz i already re cheacked and i have a ground loop isolator i might try putting one on both amps i have one on the sony xplod only atm
there rockford fosgate (expensive rcas) and yes i ran them on the opposite side of the battery wire.

Will first I would check all all the wiring to the digital audio amp. You want to make sure the wires and not pinched or even worse exposed when you ran them in the car. Next you want to make sure you run your RCA's on the opposite side of the car as the power and remote wire. I usually run the power wire down the side closet to the battery and run all RCA's on the other side. Running them apart will eliminate interference from the current running through the power and remote wire that affects the signal running through your RCA's. Id none of this helps go to radioshaq and get a ground loop isolator and it should eliminate all alt. wine you have.

make sure you didn't run audio wires and power wires on the same side, if you did that's your problem, they need to be apart from each other.. it could also be the RCA's if you have cheap rca's they'll do that.. if all fails, i know a trick, twist a ground wire together with your remote turn on wire and run it from the back of the radio to your amp for the door speakers.. it should help out

Back