93' Polaris 650 RXL Electronic fuel ignition snowmobile, Wont start. Need help.?

Ben

May 14, 2008
Ok, so I have a 93' polaris 650 EFI snowmobile, and this past winter I was out riding around my house when all of a sudden the headlight and dash lights got really dim and wasnt working that well. So as I came to a stop, they both kinda got brighter, but not enough to see. So I took it home and parked it for the night. So the next day I went out and didnt think it would start, but I turned the key and the fuel pump kicked on and it fired right up with the first pull. So that night I went out to start it again and the headlight, tail light, and dash lights were not on again. So I took the battery out and left it in the yard untill last week. So I charged the battery and hooked it up to the snowmobile, and turn the key and the pump isnt turning on now. So I took the spark plugs out, sprayed some starting fluid in them, and put the plugs back in. So i turn the key and give it a pull, and it starts enough to burn the starting fluid and stall out because the fuel pump isnt kicking on. So I dont know much about snowmobile motors, so I need help from you to let me know what it could be. Is the fuel pump bad? But if the pump is bad, that doesnt explain the light issue. Its like theres a magneto or something??? Please let me know your ideas if you think you know. I really want to get this problem resolved so I can have another winter of fun.

Back