2002 VW JETTA 1.8T FAN AND A/C PROBLEM?

AlejandroDionicio

Sep 24, 2011
i have a 2002 vw jetta with this problem, first i know a little bite about cars, but on this time i am lost, when i turn on the a/c the fans no works and the a/c compressor no works, i check and the car have frion on it, and some body told me i have to change the fan computer, i pay 180 in vw dealer, but the computer no fix th problem, i put power on the fans and the fans work, i check the fuses on the top of the battery and the fueses are ok, i hope some body that fix a problem like this can help me, th vw parts are very expensive and i dont want to replace nothing else until i be sure that part is damage, if you can help me i appreciate any help, if you know some quick test please let me know, thanks

My frist question is, when the car is running without A/C on, will the cooling fan come on? Do you have 2 fans, one for condenser and one for raditator? Have you got a wiring diagram and followed the power supply route to see if your harness has an open some where in it? Have you followed the power supply with engine running and A/C on to see where it stops? A good test light, a DVOM, a wiring diagram of your cars A/C system and a couple of hours should be all you need.

Back